Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

Today was a good day. Make that a great day! The sun was shinning. (We are between blizzards.) Simon is healthy, and we were able to leave the house! It amazes me that my spirits can be so lifted by just getting out and doing something besides visiting doctors!

I feel like is getting back to normal. What an incredible feeling!

Because of the snow storm that blew through last night, Warren had a 2 hour school delay. On Thursday, he only has one class, which is second period. Rather than have Bob take him into Falcon for the bus at 8:30, I just took him to school. He didn't need to be there until 10:55, and I was going into town anyways.

First stop was the bookmobile. From there, we drove across town to Warren's school. Next stop was Focus on the Family. For those of you who have not had the privilege of visiting, it is a phenomenal place to take the kids. They have a 3 story slide that the kids think is the greatest. (I love the fact that they have to climb up 3 flights of stairs to go down it!) There are climbing toys, secret passage ways, a life size airplane, a puppet theatre, dress up clothes and a stage for performing on. We met up with friends, and I was able to visit with a dear friend while the kids ran around and had a ball! (Only Simon, Ezri, and Beau were with me. Oliver is in California for a youth conference. He spent today at Magic Mountain.)

We all started to get hungry, so we picked up Warren and headed to McDonald's for lunch. The kids were able to have happy meals, Warren had his favorite chocolate shake, and I just enjoyed being out with the kids. (I had a burger and fries too.)

After the meal, every one was in good spirits, and I didn't want the day to end, so we went to a movie. "Inkheart" was playing at the cheap theatre, and I love going to movies with my kids. Beau wasn't thrilled about going, but as I couldn't leave him in the car by himself, he grudgingly came along. We got our popcorn and sodas and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Even Beau decided it wasn't so boring after all!

When the movie was over, we headed home. After dinner, Grandma opened her birthday presents and we had Italian Cream Cake. A near perfect ending to a near perfect day!

Now perfect days in this family are any thing but normal! But it was a day free of doctors, a day not dominated by Simon's illness, and a day to be joyful.

Once we got home, Simon started bouncing off the walls. He was very hyper and in every one's face. Now that is normal and I give thanks! The kids are all now in bed and it has been a good, but long day, so I am calling it a night.

Tomorrow will be another good day, but of a very different kind. I am taking a mom's day out. I'll start start at Starbucks, having coffee with a friend I haven't spoken to at all over the break. Next, I am getting my hair trimmed, which always lifts my spirits. Next, it will be off to tea at the Glen Eyrie Castle with some dear friends. After that, 2 of those friends and I are going to visit a knitting shop that I have not yet been to. I am looking forward to tomorrow with great anticipation. My kind of perfect day!

And I give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment