Saturday, July 9, 2011

Who Needs Super Heroes?

Peter, a.k.a. Spider Man,

From the moment you came swinging into Simon's room on your spidey strings, you touched my mother heart. Thank you for the care you have given Simon, always mixed in with a touch (or more) of humor. You made us both laugh and brightened our evenings. You are the rock star among nurses, getting Simon his meds early enough to allow us both much needed sleep. Who needs super heroes when they've got such an awesome nurse?

Blessings to you,

Cheryl (a.k.a. Simon's mom)

Heath,

Words seem so inadequate. They cannot begin to express the gratitude I feel for the care you have given Simon. We met you for the first time on Simon's most difficult night on the BMT unit. The way you helped Simon through that night with his dignity in tact touched my heart. Your compassion and nursing skills blew me away. You truly have a gift for what you do. I am so thankful that you fell in love with patient care. Your heart for your patients is astounding. You went beyond highly skilled nursing and also brought laughter into this hospital room. I cannot remember a time when Simon laughed as much as he did that night you and Peter came in for pictures. He laughed almost as hard the next day when I showed him the pictures of you, Peter, and Ron in the family lounge. The sound of my child's laughter is music to my soul. Thank you for that gift! You will always be our #1 nurse.

Thank you for touching our lives! (And easing my heart and mind.)

P.S. I still think you should be a BMT nurse all the time!

"The kindest hearts expect no reward and deserve it all the more. You give so much of yourself in the kindness you show and the lives you touch. That's why you deserve a heartfelt 'thank you' and a wish that all the goodness you share comes back to you." (From the thank you card we got for Heath.)

No comments:

Post a Comment