Wednesday, January 4, 2012


I had good intentions with this blog, but just can't seem to keep it up. When I start to write, I tend to get a bit long winded, and I never seem to have the time to write everything I want to express.

I have been trying to keep friends and family updated via facebook. Facebook limits the number of words I can write, so it is easier to keep my updates a bit shorter. (Okay, to be honest, a LOT shorter.) I am going to try something new with this blog.

When I update Simon's status to facebook, I am going to copy it here. If I feel the need to write more and can find the time, I will write more. At least this way, I can keep people without facebook updated. (Can you believe there are actually people who do not have facebook? Not sure I can!)

Today's update: Simon was at clinic today for his weekly Cidofovir, which is an IV antiviral. His counts are all looking good. He has been having a lot of pain in his back, which the doctor is hoping is just muscle spasms rather than damage caused by the steroids. Next week, Simon will have 2 days of infusions. He is getting a bit stronger every day. Thanks for the prayers! God is good all the time!

The picture is Simon, Ezri, and Beau and some of the many visitors who came by during Simon's three week hospital stay in December. There are a lot of really good people in the world who take time from their busy lives to try to make The Children's Hospital a fun place to be, especially during the Christmas season. Note the Christmas lights on Darth Vader!

No comments:

Post a Comment