Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blizzards and Other Thoughts.




Simon has had a rough day. His appetite is gone. His feet are swollen. His head is hurting, and he has been flirting with a fever, off and on, all day. If he isn't feeling better tomorrow, I will be calling the clinic. Everything looked great when we were there yesterday, but things can change so fast.

There has always been a concern about Simon's kidney function. He went into transplant with his kidneys only functioning at 80%, and several of the medications he is on can be toxic to the kidneys. He is also on medicine for high blood pressure. Both the high blood pressure and the medication can cause swelling.

We had planned to head home for the week-end, but predictions of snow put that on hold. The snow started falling about an hour ago here in Denver, but they are having blizzard conditions at home. The news reported that this could be one of the top ten snow falls in Denver in the last century. I am glad I decided not to travel.

If Simon were to need to be admitted to the hospital, I am not sure what I would do. Ezri and Beau are up here with us, and they are not allowed in the hospital inpatient areas, due to flu season restrictions. In the past, their dad has come up and taken them home. If this storm dumps as much snow as they are predicting, it could be days or even weeks before he could get up here. (Last February, we were unable to get the car out of the driveway for 11 days after one snow storm.) The pictures are of the kids hiking up to the house after the snow fall last February.

I'll be listening to this song as I fall asleep tonight.

I CAST ALL MY CARES UPON YOU
I LAY ALL OF MY BURDENS,
DOWN AT YOUR FEET
ANYTIME, I DON'T KNOW
JUST WHAT TO DO,
I JUST CAST ALL MY CARES
UPON YOU

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying that Simon won't need to be admitted. I pray that the fever goes away and he starts to feel better. Hugs to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete