Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week-End at Home


It is great to be home! We drove down on Thursday. That night, I finally got to see Breaking Dawn with a dear friend. Friday, I took Simon to the clinic here in the Springs to have his port accessed. It needs to be flushed once a month, and the nurses down here are amazingly talented at it. Up in Denver, the nurses have a difficult time with it, and MANY have tried.

Yesterday, I began the tedious process of sorting through the junk in my room. Not a fun task, and I have a long way to go, but at least I was able to make a start. I have so much more de-cluttering to do, but it will mostly have to wait until we move back down here.

In the afternoon, I ran errands with mom. Simon enjoyed quiet time at home. He has especially enjoyed visiting with Warren, his oldest brother. This evening, the two of them spent over 2 hours talking about super heroes. It is wonderful to listen to them enjoying each others company!

Today, mom and I went grocery shopping, and then Ezri and I attended a reining horse clinic with friends. It was very educational. I am looking forward to being home and attending more clinics and getting going in the 4H group.

Tomorrow, we will be heading back to Denver. Our neighbors at Brent's Place will be moving home this week, and we want the chance to say good-bye. Their 3 year old boy has finished his treatments and is doing fantastic. We will miss this family, but are very happy for them.

The picture is of Simon and his two older brothers, dressed for their Aunt Brenda's wedding. Warren is now 20. (Today was his birthday.) Oliver turned 16 at the end of last month, and Simon is 13. They grow so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment