Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Morning Praise Report

Just a quick update. Simon slept well through the night. He is still sleeping as I write this. His fever is completely gone, and his hives are no where to be seen. The pharmacy was finally able to fill his prescription for his oral immune suppressing medication, so he will begin that this morning. 6 pills twice a day. Poor kid is turning into a walking medicine cabinet.

The doctor located Demerol, which works better for the side effects of the treatments. It is an older medicine and less widely used these days, so isn't readily available. Dr. Cook is hoping he doesn't need it, but will be able to get it if Simon's reactions are like they were yesterday.

While the roads coming home last night were snow covered, and the blowing snow made visibility poor, it appears that the storm has passed for now. (The storm raging in my heart yesterday has also subsided.) I know many of my friends were hoping and even praying for a delay in school or a snow day, but I am thankful that neither are necessary. It would have further complicated my already very complicated life.

Thanks for continued prayers. I am praying that today goes better than yesterday and for the strength I need if it doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment